Friday, March 7, 2014

Guide and Cookbook for Being a Healthy Vegetarian Post 19

This week I made sesame noodles, it was simple and tasted pretty good. I never had this dish before and I liked it just fine, but it was a little sweet with a relatively spicy after-taste. The sauce was really light and it would have been pretty bad with just the pasta and sauce so I mixed in some broccoli and it made it taste much better. I probably wouldn't make this meal again, but my mom, dad, and brother really liked it. 
My sister and mom decided to give meat up for lent so more meals will be meat free until Easter. I think it's pretty cool that they are doing so and hopefully they will stick with it. Next week I'm unsure of what to make, but I kind of want to try making sushi. Avocado and cucumber rolls are my favorite food, but I have no clue how to make it, so it will be a bit of a challenge. I will look into it a little more before I make a final decision, but I think it'd be fun and taste awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it's a big help to have your mom and sister on board with no meat for the next couple weeks! I got a sushi press a couple years ago but have yet to try it. They're supposed to help with making rolls. I can't wait to hear how yours turn out!

    ReplyDelete